Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Our First Show in San Antonio is Scheduled!

Today I confirmed our very first show in San Antonio! 

Being very involved in my nonprofit passions at school and IRL during this little hiatus from paying work has really been a blessing in many forms.  A few weeks ago I was very lucky to meet Jaclyn Friedman.  Jaclyn is a leading lecturer, writer and innovator in the effort to change the rape culture in the US, an effort that I am just now getting into with my own nonprofit (which is in the embryonic stages).  It was very much by chance that I was able to see her because I happened to contact her while she was visiting San Antonio (from Boston).  The next evening I attended her discussion and book signing at  C4 Workspace.  While I was there I was impressed by the creativity and freedom of the people around me.  The space is large and friendly and I absolutely love that neighborhood.  A few days after I saw the space, I visited C4 Workspace’s website and simply emailed the ‘contact us’ page about getting some of Gordon’s work in there.  After some emails and a conversation with Debbie Curtis, we have the show date and book signing on October 1st! 

Gordon hasn’t seen the space yet, but I know he will love it.  When we go down there on the 7th of May for a reception for the artist of May, I hope we get to spend some time walking around the neighborhood.   It’s full of lovely old mansions and art communities.

In the meantime,…we have paintings and sculpture coming out of our ears.  Gordon is working on the second horse sculpture, adding the resin, and told me this afternoon that we have to move the large painting out of his studio.  We need a large room of the house just to archive the paintings and sculpture.  I really like the painting he just finished and I will post a photo later today.  Also, we have made a commitment to ourselves to post more video to YouTube.  I found that I can create ok video with my phone camera and downloading to YouTube via RealPlayer couldn’t be easier, so hopefully I can take another video tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment