I got word back from Blue Star Contemporary Art Center today. I will go ahead and outline the submission guidelines, to save a step for any SA artists thinking about the space.
Emily Barker says artists need to send a CD of 10-12 images, a resume/CV and anything else pertinent to the concept of the show to: Blue Star Exhibition Committee, c/o Meredith Dean, Blue Star Contemporary Art Center, 116 Blue Star, San Antonio, TX, 78204. According to Emily shows are scheduled several years in advance. I should be able to put that together to mail out on Saturday.
I am still waiting for news back from Gallery Nord and in the meantime, I think I want to speak with the gracious woman I met at C4 Workspace regarding hanging a few pieces there. Though they aren’t a ‘gallery’, they have some decent wall space and good window exposure. Plus, there are some really good people working there and it would be nice if we could make their day a little brighter by putting some nice big work in there.
In the studio Gordon has been working on the new horse. I spent about three hours working on the website to update and make some aesthetic I had been meaning to for a few weeks. I am happy with the result of my tinkering and there are some good new pictures of his current project, despite the lack of a quality camera. On that note, I decided to take my brother’s advice and try using my old 35mm Cannon Rebel EOS, letting the processors print a CD/DVD rather than paper. It wont work for video, but that is my best camera, and it will probably be great. Here is a new video of the new carousel horse:

No comments:
Post a Comment