Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Start

I should preface this blog with a few notes; Gordon and I are living in San Antonio, TX after nearly 10 years of playing gypsies throughout the US (and Gordon doing a stint in France). Although we are both artists, it's Gordon's work that we mostly try mongering. He produces more, has had international exhibits, holds an MFA in Sculpture from Washington University, and frankly, is much more talented and experienced than I am. On occasion, I may try to get my poetry published again, I paint from time to time and I am writing a children's book, but my real mission is to inject Gordon's new paintings and sculpture into the art world of the great city we now live in: San Antonio.

I have started with a systematic approach; while Gordon works on his last few pieces (to round out a show), we will visit the galleries and art houses of San Antonio as they have openings and events. We have already started this journey by attending three openings and I will detail our experiences later in these posts.

In the middle of our creative binges and evening forays into the city, Gordon has a full time day job and I'm a full time graduate student. We are the adoptive owners of retired racing greyhounds that I've only just recently started painting into my work.
-
We are very excited to start searching for a gallery in this great city. It's going to be challenging but on opening night (okay, maybe the morning after) I want to look back at these posts and see that the story, the journey, makes sense. Will putting one foot in front of the other, one thought in front of another and producing good work get us a show in San Antonio? I guess we will find out.
-
2008, Oil on canvas with wood and paper
Gordon Goulden

No comments:

Post a Comment