Wednesday, March 24, 2010

CAM

I've been knee-deep in NPOs, but finally I can spend sometime this weekend (and maybe Thursday night too) on Art. Thursday night the San Antonio Botanical Gardens have their annual 'Art in the Garden' event, this year featuring Albert Paley, a New York sculptor. Friday night is a fundraising event for MOSAIC, to close out CAM (Contemporary Art Month). For the suggested donation of 20.00 there will be wall art, music, dance, performance art, fashion shows, a special presentation award for local artists and......beer. Must RSVP. Saturday is the CAM perennial Party and CAMMY Awards. For a ten dollar entry fee, we can sample food and performance art. I'm excited about this one because all the artists will be there as well as the gallery owners and at the end of an exhaustive month, they will all let loose. A vodka producer is sponsoring it....that's also a clue. Camera is still broken, but my guess is there will be plenty of shots of this party on Flickr.

Looking at the art calendar, things are going to slow way down in April. I'm looking forward to some time off with Gordon (when we will create landscape art with dirt and plants) and revisiting the McNay and the other sites around town. April is the best month to be outside in SA.

I called galleries today to inquire about submission guidelines. Didn't get any answers, so tomorrow I will call in the morning. Hopefully, I'll have something to post. Even if a gallery may not be right for us, I hope to call them and share that information in one day so it's out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment