I have been a member of LinkedIn for a couple of years now. Some of the best advice I have received about nonprofits has come from the Answers application on the site. I have never before met such a knowledgeable and helpful group of strangers. If you haven’t used that application, do it! The next time you are unsure about a professional choice, direction or option, spill your guts and sit back. It’s a very helpful community.
Outside of that, I haven’t used LinkedIn to the extent I should. It’s a great tool and I always have the feeling that I’m missing out on something really important.
So today, after searching for a local art group we could join and realizing there are over 200 art professionals in San Antonio currently members of LinkedIn, I started the group San Antonio Artists and Art Professionals.
I hope to get a large group together for cocktails, dinner, openings, nonprofit events and other celebrations. The art and artists seem to be spread throughout the city with the only nexus really being Blue Star. Sharing resources makes a truly great art community. The strength of artists is always leveraged in groups. ;-)
I will update with how it’s going!

BTW, there was no other group for San Antonio artists on LinkedIn.
ReplyDelete