Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer in San Antonio

Sculpture is taking shape in the studio as the temperatures rise.  It’s practically the end of July and our show at C4 is closing in quick.  Gordon has been working in the studio on the second carousel horse  as well as another sculpture (my favorite) that I decided wait to photograph. 

The biggest news is Gordon decided to put wings on this latest carousel horse.  It’s quite a feat, as the span is probably 9 feet.  I have been prodding him to let me take a video, but I think my timing has been off.   Hopefully tomorrow, then I’ll post to this blog, FB and twitter…and, of course, the website.  He has such a great process and I want to get it captured before he gets much farther.

We haven’t been heavy on the art ‘scene’ lately.  It’s kind of a slow month anyway.  We had family in town and I had a heavy school study load.  The best night we had out in years was dinner at Coco Lounge and Bistro followed by a movie at the Palladium for our 10th anniversary.  That was just a few days ago, and I wish we could do that every weekend!  Delicious.  

I have nearly a month off between trimesters and I am looking forward to it.  I’m scouting for a full-time job and reading everything left in my bookcase from the last year.  I’ll probably find time for a few more blog posts too.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment