Friday, May 21, 2010

Updates

First of all, to update on the last post, after the falderal, Xanadu did cancel the San Antonio stop.  I was looking forward to it. 

Gordon has been busy in the studio, creating some really new and exciting pieces.  The materials (wood, paper and resin) have stayed the same, but he is putting the sculpture on a plane he hasn’t used in a long time.  There are many pieces coming together, so I have hesitated to post anything about it on the website or FB page.  

I have to admit, after we got the okay for the show at C4, I kind of put art marketing on auto pilot.  Finals and pet injuries had an unavoidable priority and most other galleries have at least a year waiting list….so I guess I took a break.  But, I’m back!

Working on a camera purchase so we can get a solid giveaway portfolio together.  The horse is so hard to photograph without professional lighting…. but hopefully a better camera will help a lot too. 

Glanced at something from B-Uncut the other day: I guess they are going to start charging for membership?  I’ll look at it today, but I haven’t really seen a huge advantage to membership that would warrant a fee.  Maybe I haven’t used the site efficiently? I don’t see a lot of collectors there though, and artists don’t often ‘buy’ from each other.   I think if they do start charging, the membership will drop in a huge way.

No comments:

Post a Comment