After a month of trying to get in touch with Trafford for a re-print and a month break for family, I have decided to pursue swapping publishers. I have no idea if our POD file is transferable (legally), which in hindsight, sounds like a pretty stupid thing to miss, but I never could have anticipated this. Have I mentioned we haven’t gotten a royalties statement since Trafford sold to another company in 2008? This is the first time I’m glad it isn’t a best seller.
Soon, we will find out how this works and how much it will cost. I look forward to telling that story. In the meantime, I have photos from our most recent foray into the San Antonio art scene.
Blue Star LAB: Spanish Young Art
I really loved these:
Oscar Carrasco, Carababchel 3 (This piece is huge---78.7 in x 57.1 in)
This was Gordon’s favorite:
Fernando Sanchez Castillo, Pegasus Dance (Video) This shot was part of a beautiful video using water cannons (for riot breaking). I tried to find the full piece online, but haven’t yet.
This piece was amazing:
Cristina Lucas. La Liberte Raisonnee (Video) This photo was taken at the show, so it’s not great, but there are some images online.) “Lucas appropriates one of the greatest symbols of art history “The Liberty guiding the people” by Eugene Delacroix, to reflect the evolution of women’s rights throughout history. (In the end, liberty gets viciously murdered by all the men)
My only regret about this show is it hardly broke the surface. One or two pieces from each of these talents is not enough. I feel like they could have done more…but, the show was first at the New World Museum in Houston, so I don’t know what space limitations they might have had. All in all, I recommend! It’s at the LAB all month.

No comments:
Post a Comment