That’s Post-Exhibit Depression. As it turns out, there was zero need for nervousness. Especially regarding the anticipation of claustrophobia.
The opening show was 19 days ago, and I’m just now sitting down to write about it because I was ultimately disappointed with the turn out. I know I shouldn’t be,…but I am.
We worked hard for the opening. To set up the show we rented a U-haul to move everything. It was one long and crazy night getting the carousel horse and the huge paintings padded and placed and secured. We moved everything the next morning and Gordon spent the rest of the afternoon setting it up. Meanwhile, my Dad and I prepped food for the show. I have mentioned before on this blog that it’s not common for shows to serve food. I wanted this to be a huge exception. Two types of handmade Baklava. Two cheese and fruit trays. Veges. Greek Feta Skewers. Stuffed Dates. Do you see a theme here? Anyway, we worked the day prior and the day of the show, fixing food. Without Gordon and Dad’s help, I wouldn’t have been able to do it….they really came to my rescue in the thick of it. 7 trays total.
It all made for really good leftovers.
I’m glad that we had the opportunity and I don’t know why we expected anything different than we had seen in San Antonio. I’m glad that C4 likes to live with the work and Gordon is so happy to see it all up together. If I wasn’t disappointed though, I wouldn’t be doing my job.
After all that, we are doing a closing reception on the 28th. NO FOOD! Maybe I’ll finally get a chance for Gordon and I to have our picture taken together. Throughout the night, I was the photographer. Here are a few. If there is anybody out there reading this that wants to see more photos, you can find them at the FB page.

No comments:
Post a Comment