Yesterday I spent a few hours getting the shop open on Etsy. After I recruited the artist to assist in the photography, it went pretty quickly.
I listed eight pieces to start, ranging in price from 65.00 to 72.00. This is the low end of our price point, but it’s part of a strategy to offer affordable art work. After Paypal and Etsy fees (totaling about $5.00), we net just enough to pay my hourly fees. I’m kind of kidding.
The necklaces are very special pieces. Gordon goes through phases when he will make two or three and then work on the sculpture for a few weeks. After two years I have 20 available, so they are limited.
So, last night, after having the shop open for about 6 hours, we sold our first piece. I had broadcasted it all over Twitter, so it’s possible the sale came from there. I should ask the buyer where they first found us. Here is the piece that sold:
I think having Twitter, FB and the website reinforce any effort I could make in trying to sell these pieces. Other than time and the yearly website fee, the only fees we have are the direct sale fees from Paypal and Etsy. What would it cost to host this type of effort before the internet? Way more time, I know that. Walmart took away the Mom and Pop, the internet can bring them back…it’s just a matter of-----maybe I have been reading too much Tim Farriss and GaryV. Nah.

No comments:
Post a Comment